Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TAMILAN INDIAN (nil)     08 December 2014

Toll collection without maintenance

Dear experts,

I want to know whether i can file a case on toll plaza near pudukkottai to trichy where there are pathetic roads. i was charged for that too.i want to file a case against this. also as read, there should not be any toll in city limit. but in chennai there are so. can i fight against this ,where i dont like to pay. also pathetic roads,no maintenance, no indications, can i ask against or file against this. ? please kindly guide me

Learning

1 Replies

Sharmishta P Raj (nil)     19 February 2022

Since the public pays the price for using the roads, a 'consideration' that is supposed to be maintained by the private company, tollbooth cases fall under the jurisdiction of the consumer court. The aggrieved party may file a complaint under the Consumer Protection Act of 1986, which provides for quick and easy compensation for consumer complaints. Under the Consumer Protection Act, anyone seeking redress of grievances against toll companies for ineffectiveness, poor road maintenance, or failure to follow rules by toll plazas can file a consumer case in the consumer court for a fee of Rs 50.
To answer your query precisely- A consumer court can be used by the aggrieved party to file a lawsuit. 
Thank you!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register