Home > Experts > Others > residence certificate

residence certificate (Others)

Posted On 27 January 2010 at 13:10

sir
we shifted to another district from hyderabad 15 days ago and my son is working abroad.i had bank account(savings account) in central bank of india in hyderabad,but that bank's branch is not here at the place i am residing at present.We have a plot here in my son's name and am willing to build a house here so i shifted here for that reason.Now my question is I am willing to take a new gas connection for cooking purpose and they are asking for residence proof,i cannot transfer the bank account because there is no branch here and I previously did not have a gas connection to transfer it here.Even if i wish to open a new bank account i still have to provide a residence proof.I went to MRO office here and asked for residence certificate and they are telling that i have to have stayed here for 7 years inorder to get a residence certificate.Please kindly advice me how i can get a residence certificate or a valid address proof.thank you

Expert : A V Vishal

Posted On 27 January 2010 at 13:54

In case of a application for a new gas connection you can produce a rental agreement of the new address along with a notarized affidavit to that effect stating the facts which should be sufficient.

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 27 January 2010 at 16:10

The opinion of vishal is accurate.

Posted On 28 January 2010 at 20:48

sir ,people here are not willing to make a rental agreement and get it notarized.
I asked the manager that i could get a confirmation letter from the landlord or ask him to confirm that i am residing in his place for rent but the manager said that he does not rely in the people's words and I have to bring a "purpose for residencecertificate"signed by MRO and when i went for it the people at the MRO office are telling that I should confirm that I have been residing in this place for 7 years if i want that certificate, which I certainly cant do.Can you tell me what exactly "PURPOSE FOR RESIDENCE certificate "is and procedure to get it.thank you.

Expert : lodha

Posted On 30 January 2010 at 14:54

For more information and help visit www.airyourlegalqueries.com

Posted On 11 February 2010 at 12:00

author : Anonymous

Posted On