My advocate asking me to pay permanent alimony

Divorce filed by husband under Hindu Marriage Act and final arguments over, judgement date given as march 18, wife permanent alimony petition dismissed already long back.
Still the wifes advocate asking permanent alimony. He told no objection to grant divorce but want permanent alimony in the court during arguments. Today my advocate is telling two advocates from wife side came to discuss and asked him to get money from me.
They have told that they will file another application of divorce and then ask alimony again.
What my advocate is doing is it not treachery? In this case what to do?

Suggest solution please.

Perhaps it is money extracting tactics.Think twice and guard yourself

Anand Setty (Querist)

How to guard myself? What to do in this case?

Wait for the Judgment. In the meanwhile, monitor the case through information available e-Court website. You may also consider withdrawing the Vakalatnama.

Wait and watch for judgment.
Meanwhile change your lawyer.

Anand Setty (Querist)

As case is already over, why should I change lawyer now sir?

Such questions cannot be answered on public platforms without looking into entire order sheet and relevant documents.

Please mark “LIKE” if satisfied by my answer.

×