No land found for registered land at given survey numbers

Hi Sir/Madam,

We purchased a land in the year of 2000 near Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad. We have required documents like sale deed with survey numbers. But land is not found on location. When inquired with local authorities they said that no such site exists with given survey numbers. Also found that same land is registered for others (double registration- first registered with us) Can anyone guide us?

Harsha

You can get records from the registrar's office and proceed civil/ criminal action against the vendors.

What did you check before getting the sale deed executed?
When you did not accept possession what prompted you to pay balance of consideration and for which piece of land?
What were you doing for the last 18 years?
Consult a local prudent lawyer for guidance and proceeding.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert)

18 years too big a period for anyone getting adverse possession of the immovable property.
Moreover before buying the property it's the sensible step to first check existence of the property and what you did believed the seller and went ahead with the deal.
As far getting registration of the property is concerned, the sale deed with stamp duty and registration fee paid will be registered by the Sub-registrar, whether actual property exists or not is not the duty of the sub-registrar to check, certain things are presumed to be correct and so it was in this case.
It was your interest in the property and money involved for which initiative should have been coming from you but you trusted the cheat who sold you non-existent property and ran away with your money.
Try to trace this person and take him to the nearest police station for registering criminal charges of cheating etc.

Harsha (Querist)

Hi Sir,
Thanks a lot for your valuable replies.
These lands has been brought by my parents in my childhood and they saw that land. I came to know about the land recently only. The person who sold site to us had expired a decade ago and their family moved to other location.

×