compromise in 138 N I Act

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
22 June 2010

A person is convicted u/s 138 and sentenced to six months imprisonment and 100000 rs as fine. He appealed to D.C and H.C. both confirmed conviction. after that he comprised with complainant but trial court has refused to allow them to compromise what steps can be taken in this case

Kundan Lal Nandwani (Expert)
22 June 2010

Mr. SKJ advocate is correcet. Compromise can be made only during the pendency. The person should file SLP under Art. 136 of the Constitution and then request the Supreme Court to excercise its powers under Art. 142 or request the party to compromise. nandwani advocate

Arvind Singh Chauhan (Expert)
22 June 2010

Offences which are compoundable, also compoundable in appeal.

Devajyoti Barman (Expert)
Click to Talk
22 June 2010

No, there are hundreds of cases which are compounded before the supreme court itself.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert)
28 June 2010

Not after conviction sir.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu