Salary not released by employer

I am a fashion designer by profession. I joined this e-commerce start up by the name of "WOLFPACK LIFESTYLE PRIVATE LIMITED". I started working for them on 1st February but I never received the offer letter. Its an unorganized set up only made to harass and torture people. My salary was a meager 10,000 INR for handling customer service, sampling coordination and design development. I was forced to work full night and on Sundays too my boss used to call me all day and force me to work. I quit this company on 20th February. On requesting for salary settlement, they said that as per the offer letter I was supposed to serve a notice period of 30 days. My point is they never gave an offer letter, I never signed one. How can its clause apply to me? Also, Even if we keep aside the offer letter, I was still under probation right? Can they cut my salary during probation?

Siddharth Jain (Expert)

in the present case you should file a complaint with the Labour Commissioner stating that your employer has withheld your salary and also state the inhumane working conditions in the company.
You can also send a legal notice to them asking them to clear your lawful dues, else you can take take legal recourse.

For any other doubts, feel free contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

venkatesh Rao (Expert)

To add, you can claim interest for belated payment also.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert)

I agree with Siddharth Jain

Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert)

I agree with Siddharth Jain

Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert)

I agree with Siddharth Jain

Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert)

I agree with Siddharth Jain

Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert)

I agree with Siddharth Jain.

Adv Kamakshi (Nellore) (Expert)

For getting back 10k you wil have to spend 10k on lawyer auto, petrol etc. Dont waste your time because of jio free internet and some stupid advice given by some advocate on internet.

Shakshi Singh (Querist)

Ms Kamakshi. I only wanted legal advice. You don't have to tell me what to do and not to.
Its not about the money, but about fair practise which you as a lawyer should promote. Its about my rights and I am going to fight for it.
Also, Madam about the statement you passed " some stupid advice given by some advocate on internet". The stupidest advice I have received is actually from you. The rest gave me the guidance i really was looking for. Please learn to mind your own personal matter and only provide your opinion on what is asked out of you. Nothing more

Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert)

I sagree with Siddaharth Jain

Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert)

I agree with Siddaharth Jasin.

×