Rti act clarification

Simple query
-01/- after the death of a person can a RTI application be filled to the concerned department PIO seeking information about the deceased YES or NO.

02/- can the information be denied by the PIO on the basis of objection raised oral/.written by the close relative or friend of the deceased citing third party clause.

The information with the public authority should be given under section 6(1) of the RTIAct.

shyam lal (Querist)

@isaaac Gabrial, regards your answer does not answer my specific questions, is there a specificreply

"after the death of a person can a RTI application be filled to the concerned department PIO seeking information about the deceased YES or NO"

This is a commanding tone on a site giving free information.

The facts are not given

who sought information
what information is sought
under what clause the information is denied.
when was the denial.

shyam lal (Querist)

@sudhir kumar for get the facts answer what has been asked in simple English
read the question /query again till it makes sense to you

this is a free advisory forum.

any expert has discretion not to reply even if he has the reply.

anyone having any sympathy with you shall not be attempting any reply without facts.

shyam lal (Querist)

@sudhir kumar ,with due regards when you do not know the subject ,please do not try to be joker of all trades, i did not put this query to hear from you ram katha--by the way do you know how many versions of ramayana exists?

I have sound knowledge of RTI matters.

First I should know facts.

If I know facts then it may not take me more than 30 seconds to reply

Then you should be polite with the forum.[even if you consult a lawyer after paying his charges still he will want you to be polite]

Otherwise no charity form me.

No facts provided in the question paper Mr. Shyam Lal.
It would be better to consult a local prudent lawyer if there is some dispute/ query/ question for analyses, guidance and proceeding.

shyam lal (Querist)

MR. SUDHIR KUMAR EXPERT -as desired one has to be polite to receive charity .since you have SOUND knowledge of RTI act-my polite submission is does section 2(f) attract the third party clause? be very clear when you answer as i have to reply to a RTI query

Still using a commanding tone like boss uses to subordinate "be very clear....."

Anyway you seem to be a govt officer dealing with RTI

2(f) and third party clause are not related. 2(f) only defines information.

for third party clause read section 2(n), 7(7), 8(1)(d) , 11, 19(2) &19(4)

If you give facts of the cases you may find yourself nearer to the solution.

shyam lal (Querist)

expert sudhir kumar. point taken , now you want facts to answer the question ,here it is --under which section of RTI act one can obtain the copy of sanctioned residential plan of a dead person from the respective concerned department?

Now I have understood that you are a govt official dealing with RTI application without knowlege of RTI Act.

You cannot be blamed for this. You have to do a job assigned.

Please read the whole section 8 of RTI Act as to under which clause it can be refused.

Please also see whether any mechanism existed for the citizen to take this document before promulgation of RTI Act.

shyam lal (Querist)

dear Sudhir kumar WHO RECOGNIZED you as a expert-God for give him-
you have understood one word only guv official.---
i only pray no more experts are born in future like you who can not answer simple questions--please keep your charity to your self.

without you disclosing the facts none can come to understand the aactual propblem faced by you.

I have got full solution of problem given by you but you were conditionally and partially police so I hinted only the portion of the statute attracted in the case as per facts given by you.

×