Home > Experts > Property Law > Revocation of Settlement Deed(Dhana Settlement Deed)

Revocation of Settlement Deed(Dhana Settlement Deed) (Property Law)

Posted On 01 June 2011 at 23:23

My grand mother registered a settlement deed for myself & my brother after my fathers death with a provision that it is not revocable at any stage. But due to some family problem she is now threatening us that she is going to cancel the settlement deed. But in the deed it is clearly mentioned that it is not revocable.

The property is owned by my grand mother only and it is not inherited. I heared that the settlement deed is revocable unilaterally without the knowledge of the claiments whether it is possible or not. Please give the appropriate answer. Thank you...

Expert : PS Dhingra, dcgroup1962@gmail.

Posted On 06 June 2011 at 02:08

Your presumption is correct. She can cancel the settlement deed by mentioning 'change in circumstances.