Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Home > Experts > Civil Law > Revocation of Gift Deed

Please Wait ..

Revocation of Gift Deed (Civil Law)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : Anonymous

Posted On 24 May 2010 at 11:32


My mother is a donee of a registered gift deed executed by my grand father for 1/6th share in a property in the family property since 2001. Our legitimate 1/6th share was removed in 1999, and subsequently out of love and affection my grand father reinstated our share by way of this gift deed. The deed has no conditions for revocation of the same. However, in 2005 the gift deed was cancelled without any intimation to us. We became aware of this only now. We have also come to know that the property has been sold and the monies have been distributed amongst other family members. Please advise what is the legal recourse for the same.


To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Expert : B K Raghavendra Rao

Posted On 24 May 2010 at 15:54

Gift deed once accepted and registered cannot be canceled unless it is a conditional gift. In your case, it is not a conditional gift and hence it cannot be revoked. As the property has already been sold, you may file partition suit for claiming your share of money.



You need to be the querist or approved Lawyersclubindia expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Queries :

Quick Links

Browse By Category

Subscribe to Experts Feed
Enter your email to receive Experts Updates:

web analytics