Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Home > Experts > Legal Documents > Reply legal notice.

Please Wait ..

Reply legal notice. (Legal Documents)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : Harsh

Posted On 01 July 2011 at 10:39

How to make a reply of notice under section 138 negotiable instrument act and 420 ipc? Please geve us a basic format for the same.



To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Expert : DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g

Posted On 01 July 2011 at 11:02

As far as possible the reply should be avoided unless you have competant legal advice since your reply will be binding on you.

Expert : Ajay Bansal

Posted On 01 July 2011 at 11:37

Make reply according to facts of matter,upon which accused wants to defeat complaint against him.However it is better to avoid giving reply as said above by YOUR ADVOCATE.

Expert : M.Sheik Mohammed Ali

Posted On 01 July 2011 at 12:31

yes, i do agree expert query reply.

Expert : shrikant

Posted On 01 July 2011 at 17:25

pls contact local lawyer

Expert : Ravikant Soni

Posted On 01 July 2011 at 22:07

Replying a notice is a double edged weapon.
It can be treated as your admission in a trial.

So you are suggested to consult a Learned Lawyer.

Expert : Adv. Sunil

Posted On 02 July 2011 at 12:28

Reply the notice. If you fail to reply, the allegations mentioned therein becomes applicable and prima facie a suit can be filed u/s. 138 NI Act. Reply letter is based on your version as to whether you need time to repay the money or you do not have to pay the same. Accordingly a reply can be drafted stating the reasons for the dishonour. Also always state that the Cheque for issued to be kept as SE$CURITY for the sum payable, which was never intended to be paid vide that cheque.

Expert : DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g

Posted On 02 July 2011 at 14:59

Mr Basal and Soni has given the proper course. IN NORMAL COURSE YOU MUST NOT REPLY ANY NOTICE U/S 138.

So that you can take large no of defenses at trial. Starting from your blank signed cheque was missing, it was a stale cheque given for earlier transection and even it is not your signature but some body else has signed on your behalf and so on and on.....

Expert : Gulshan Tanwar

Posted On 02 July 2011 at 15:49

The best way to give reply is to send him a reply with blank paper and then see what he is going to do; and also let the court send you its love letter.



You need to be the querist or approved Lawyersclubindia expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Queries :

Quick Links

Browse By Category

Subscribe to Experts Feed
Enter your email to receive Experts Updates:

web analytics