Registration for 11 months leave and licence agreement

This query is : Resolved 

18 November 2011

Dear Sir I am planning to give my house portion for leave and Licence for 11 months in Sindhudurg ,Dist Maharashtra . Is Registration is required ?


prabhakar singh (Expert)
18 November 2011

Yes! In Maharashtra it is required and the duty is cast upon land lord,if he fails to register and any dispute arises then what ever tenant says court shall believe the same.

Rajeev Kumar (Expert)
18 November 2011

I do agree

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert)
18 November 2011

rightly stated by Mr. Singh.

Sachin Bhatia (Expert)
18 November 2011

agree with the above experts.

19 November 2011

Mr. Prabhakar singh is right and i agree with him

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert)
19 November 2011

Under the Mah rent control act non registration is criminal offense against the landlord with prison and fine.

Shashikant Patil (Expert)
19 November 2011

It is always better for landlord to register Leave and Licence agreement for 11 months to avoid dispute between landlord and tenant.

ajay sethi (Expert)
Click to Talk
19 November 2011

As per Section 55 of the Maharashtra Rent Control Act,1999 registration of Leave and Licence Agreement is compulsory and it is the responsibility of the landlord to ensure registration. If the same is not registered, the landlord would be prosecuted and on conviction he’s subject to upto three months imprisonment or be subject to fine not exceeding Rs.5000/- or with both. Further in the absence of a Registered Agreement, the contention of the tenant, about the terms and conditions on which the premises have been given to him by the landlord shall prevail unless otherwise proved.

prabhakar singh (Expert)
21 November 2011

Thanks Sirs!

I was not aware it's offence also.

Devajyoti Barman (Expert)
Click to Talk
22 November 2011


You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu