Registration for 11 months leave and licence agreement

Dear Sir I am planning to give my house portion for leave and Licence for 11 months in Sindhudurg ,Dist Maharashtra . Is Registration is required ?

supriya

prabhakar singh (Expert)

Yes! In Maharashtra it is required and the duty is cast upon land lord,if he fails to register and any dispute arises then what ever tenant says court shall believe the same.

Rajeev Kumar (Expert)

I do agree

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert)

rightly stated by Mr. Singh.

Sachin Bhatia (Expert)

agree with the above experts.

ARUN KUMAR VERMA (Expert)

Mr. Prabhakar singh is right and i agree with him

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert)

Under the Mah rent control act non registration is criminal offense against the landlord with prison and fine.

Shashikant Patil (Expert)

It is always better for landlord to register Leave and Licence agreement for 11 months to avoid dispute between landlord and tenant.

ajay sethi (Expert)

As per Section 55 of the Maharashtra Rent Control Act,1999 registration of Leave and Licence Agreement is compulsory and it is the responsibility of the landlord to ensure registration. If the same is not registered, the landlord would be prosecuted and on conviction he’s subject to upto three months imprisonment or be subject to fine not exceeding Rs.5000/- or with both. Further in the absence of a Registered Agreement, the contention of the tenant, about the terms and conditions on which the premises have been given to him by the landlord shall prevail unless otherwise proved.

prabhakar singh (Expert)

Thanks Sirs!

I was not aware it's offence also.

Devajyoti Barman (Expert)

yES i AGREE.

×