Regarding tenant law / house rent law

This query is : Resolved 

17 April 2018

Experts , kindly advise and guide me

I gave my house for rent 2 years back. At that time drafted few conditions like paints maintenance , house flooring maintainence etc on a white paper and got it signed by my tenant. Now my tenant is not maintaining house properly. I incurred lot of loss.

1) can I file a case seeking compensation from my tenant ? If so could you please guide me with the procedure.

2) my tenant is not vacating house even after me giving notice of 1 month verbally. Can I approach police station and give complaint? Is there any legal procedure?

Kindly help me on both points ( point by point)

Kishor Mehta (Expert)
17 April 2018

The existing Rent Act of the State of your residence will apply. Registered tenancy agreement is advisable.

Kiran Kumar (Expert)
17 April 2018

The eviction process will be governed by the Rent Laws applicable in your state. As far as compensation due to loss occurred due to non maintenance of property and due to violation of terms of agreement you will have to file necessary suit. Keep in mind it will be a long process involving Court Fee, Assessment of Loss and Cogent take necessary action keeping in view your time and money. The best thing would be to seek eviction from the property in question on the basis of necessary grounds to be suggested by your local lawyer.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert)
18 April 2018

Agree with Kiran kumar.

P. Venu (Expert)
18 April 2018

Eviction could be sought on legitimate grounds as provided under the local Rent Laws. The Police have no jurisdiction in the matter.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu