Regarding taking back of 2-wheeler from wife

This query is : Resolved 

16 May 2018

I am hindu. My wife had filed false cases of DV and 498a after my divorce petition. Further she is not living with me since 2 years. Also when she was living with me I had bought her 2-wheeler which bears my name. Since she left home on pretext of marriage functions I gave her the 2-wheeler for her use. But since now she has filed cases I want to take back my 2-wheeler immediately from her so what is the legal procedure for it as I cannot ask her(directly/indirectly) to give back.

If a question of retrieving back of personal property, a question of return of her streedhan would also arise. So, have you given back her streedhan?

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert)
16 May 2018

You may ask her was returning back the scooter which was purchased and is registered in your name. Also be ready to return to her all her Streedhan and dowry articles in your possession to avoid dirty scenes in and outside court rooms during those court proceedings filled against you by your wife.

Guest (Expert)
16 May 2018

Very well advised by Mr. Vijay Raj Mahajan. Not a one sided affair. If you have some claim towards your wife, she also can lay claims for several things on you. You will have to give her.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert)
17 May 2018

In exchange for your 2 wheeler from her you should be prepared to return her Strreedhan and other Dowry Articles.

Guest (Expert)
17 May 2018

Ultimately, a great scholar aunty has appeared on the scene. Everyone may welcome that moron with three cheers!

In the same divorce petition you can file a petition under section 27 HMA for recovery of your goods with her besides this two wheeler, the list may include all other items held by her which belongs to you alone

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu