Regarding taking back of 2-wheeler from wife

I am hindu. My wife had filed false cases of DV and 498a after my divorce petition. Further she is not living with me since 2 years. Also when she was living with me I had bought her 2-wheeler which bears my name. Since she left home on pretext of marriage functions I gave her the 2-wheeler for her use. But since now she has filed cases I want to take back my 2-wheeler immediately from her so what is the legal procedure for it as I cannot ask her(directly/indirectly) to give back.

If a question of retrieving back of personal property, a question of return of her streedhan would also arise. So, have you given back her streedhan?

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert)

You may ask her was returning back the scooter which was purchased and is registered in your name. Also be ready to return to her all her Streedhan and dowry articles in your possession to avoid dirty scenes in and outside court rooms during those court proceedings filled against you by your wife.

Very well advised by Mr. Vijay Raj Mahajan. Not a one sided affair. If you have some claim towards your wife, she also can lay claims for several things on you. You will have to give her.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert)

In exchange for your 2 wheeler from her you should be prepared to return her Strreedhan and other Dowry Articles.

Adv Kamakshi (Nellore) (Expert)

All the above replies are misleading.

Unless your divorce is finalized and you have divorce decree in hand you cannot do this giving and taking back which none of the fools have told you.

Plus you both need to have valid GST bills to exchange items which belong to each other. If no bills, no asking that item back.

These fucking morons are simply copied and passed law exam for sure.

Ultimately, a great scholar aunty has appeared on the scene. Everyone may welcome that moron with three cheers!

In the same divorce petition you can file a petition under section 27 HMA for recovery of your goods with her besides this two wheeler, the list may include all other items held by her which belongs to you alone

×