Regarding mobile details like location, call details etc

My mobile is stolen, I have already lodged an FIR for the same.
What I found that my number is still being used by the thief, so I contacted JIO care for sharing the location and recent call details, but they refused to share the details stating that they cannot share the details with me and this can only be shared with the police.

My contention is that, I am asking the above details about my own number, which is registered in my name in your records and I am providing my identity proof, then which law bars them to provide the details is beyond my comprehension and any reasoning.

How I can get the details of location and call details from JIO, what options do I have legally. or are they right when they say that they cannot provide it.
To me it looks purely absurd and without any logic.

Please enlighten me if I am wrong.
Thanks.

Lodge a police complaint/FIR.

Pawan Joshi (Querist)

Hi Sir,
I have already lodged the FIR for the loss of phone and sim.
do you mean that I can file an police complaint/FIR against JIO for getting the details?
Regards.

Pawan Joshi (Querist)

Hi Sir,
Regards.

You may bring pressure on the Investigation Officer and get your mobile back and see that charge sheet is filed against the culprit.

Please mark “LIKE” if satisfied by my answer.

Pawan Joshi (Querist)

Dear @Kishan Sir,
You are right, I can bring pressure on the investigation officer.
but my question is, am I not entitled to ask the details about my own phone number from JIO, when they can share the same with the police, they can as well share with me, by what law they can refuse to do so, I want to know that, as I am asking the details for my own phone not of third party.

×