Recent SC orders on property.

Is it true that Supreme Court order that the property of ours will be given to any person who is residing in our land for 12 yrs?

rajeev sharma (Expert)

The supreme court in its recent decision has defined adverse possession. The mexim of adverse possession originate from the concept that law may not protect who sleeps over his legal right. It s not easy to prove adverse possession. The possessor should be in possession of he property to the challenge of the ownership right of the owner and the possession of the possessor should never have been challenged by owner in this period of 12 years. a tenant or the licence holder may not acquire property by adverse possession despite any period of possession.

Mohammad shah alam (Querist)

A man acquired stay order on my father's land and we're working to cancel that order. Can it be considered our interruption or he can claim it under new rule?

Mohammad shah alam (Querist)

×