RTI ACT APPEAL U/S 19(1)

GOOD EVENING
WHEN A FIRST APPEAL IS FILED U/S 19(1) OF RTI ACT 2005, THE APPEALLATE AUTHORITY IS TRANSFERRING APPEAL PAPERS TO THE LOWER AUTHORITIES UNDER HIS ADMINISTRATIVE CONTROL
AS PER THE PROVISIONS OF RTI ACT THE FUNCTIONS OF THE PUBLIC AUTHORITIES DESIGNATED UNDER THE RTI ACT 2005 IS QUASI JUDICIAL IN NATURE AND THERE IS NO PROVISION IN THE ACT FOR TRANSFERING APPEAL OF AN RTI APPLICANT
KINDLY INDICATE WHETHER THE APPELLATE HAS BEEN CONFERRED POWERS FOR SUCH TRANSFERS AND IF SO TO KINDLY INDICATE RELEVANT SECTION/RULES UNDER WHICH APPEAL CAN BE TRANSFERRED

THANKING YOU
YOURS SINCERELY
S VISWANATHA RAO

Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert)

The 1st appellate authority has no power to transfer the appeal to any body. He can collect the required info from the lower authorities.

Seshagiri Viswanatha Rao (Querist)

Wish you a very happy deepavali and thanks for prompt response In case 1st Appellate Authority transfers first appeal application to his lower authorities whether a complaint be lodged u/s 18 of the Act

s.subramanian (Expert)

I agree with Mr.Arunagiri. In addition I would like to add that you can lodge complaint u/s 18 also.

raj kumar makkad (Expert)

I do agree with subramanian

Khaleel Ahmed (Expert)

Well advised.

Arun Kumar Bhagat (Expert)

I agree.

Devajyoti Barman (Expert)

yes

aman kumar (Expert)

agree

×