Query regarding travel

Hi All,

I am one of the victim of fraud case against an company. The FIR is files by third person mentioning me as one of the Victim. The FIR is filed but changesheet is yet to be submitted. I wanted to travel abroad for Long duration for work purpose.
Can i travel abroad ?
Do i need to submit any application before travelling abroad ?

Thanks.

are you accused?

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert)

You're named as one of the victims, hence you can travel abroad, just inform the police station officer who is handling the case about your travel.
Your presence will be required at the time of evidence for recording your statement and that time you will be sent summon from the court. Don't worry that will take time and you may have returned back by that time.

Hello sudhir Sir, I am not the accused I am one of the Victim. My name is in the FIR as Victim, FIR is filed by some other person.

Hello Vijay Sir,
Thank you for your response. In case if I am abroad and do I need to visit court. As the duration of the stay abroad can be 2 Yrs.

Yes, you will have to be present when summoned to prove the prosecution case, where you are a victim.
However, before shifting abroad for long, you must inform your whereabouts to the court.

So your liability is to be available for evidence when called for the court. You are not required to attend court n each hearing.

In case you have any reasonable cause of not being present on summoned date you can seek postponement as well.

×