Home > Experts > Family Law > Property share

Property share (Family Law)

Author : Pushpa

Posted On 11 January 2017 at 16:45

M goan unmarried girl. I have father n mother is expired 3 years back. We are having house. M looking after parents. Earlier mother n now father. They given gift one plot to me as brother is not allowing to sale dat plot now father has decided to make house in my name. As they are looking after father at all n harassing us. Is it possible to transfer house in my name or he can make a will

To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at lciconnect@lawyersclubindia.com 

Expert : kavksatyanarayana

Posted On 11 January 2017 at 21:35

If the plot is his own, he can give that plot to you by gift deed. If makes will, that will comes into operation after the death of the testator.

Author : Pushpa

Posted On 11 January 2017 at 23:49

Plot is already in my name. Mom n dad given gift by gift deed long back which i was suppose to sale n take flat n left dis house for brothers 2. House consist of ground floor where me n father stays n 1st floor brother n more brother stays other place. But dey put hurdles for selling d plot. Now d question of me for staying n house dats y father wants to give house to me . So how he can do the house in my name

Expert : Ms.Usha Kapoor

Posted On 12 January 2017 at 04:40

Agree with experts.

Author : Pushpa

Posted On 12 January 2017 at 12:04

M asking regarding house not plot . Plot is different n house is different . Plot is myn name already n house is in father name in another plot

Author : Pushpa

Posted On 12 January 2017 at 12:05

V r total 4 siblings. 2 brothers n 2 sisters

Expert : Kumar Doab

Posted On 12 January 2017 at 12:20

Pls write full words and lines instead of short words/SMS language.

Expert : Kumar Doab

Posted On 12 January 2017 at 12:24

As per your post you are resident of Goa.

Civil Code of Goa may be referred.

Local laws are involved and you may consult local counsels.

The govt. Goa has notified some amendments and you can download the Final Copy of the bill and notification from another thread at:

http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Wife-s-right-to-share-in-property-in-Goa--626526.asp

Expert : Rajendra K Goyal

Posted On 12 January 2017 at 18:03

Agree with the advice from expert Kumar Doab.

Expert : Kumar Doab

Posted On 12 January 2017 at 18:07

Thanks for agreeing expert Mr. Rajendra K Goyal.

Expert : P. S. DHINGRA: sssfi2016@gmail

Posted On 12 January 2017 at 18:20

So, Rajendra K Goyal agreed with wrong advice of Mr. Kumar Doab, as he misguided another querist through the thread referred by him, i.e., http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Wife-s-right-to-share-in-property-in-Goa--626526.asp

Best of Luck for the querist, if she prefers to adhere to the advice of Mr. Kumar Doab, a hidden person with fake identity at LCI.

Expert : P. S. DHINGRA: sssfi2016@gmail

Posted On 12 January 2017 at 18:34

Ms. Pushpa,

If immediate transfer of house is desired that should be through gift deed. Will can make you owner of the house only after the death of your father, that too if will is also not legally challenged by your brothers after the death of your father.

However, the best way will be to make a consensual settlement deed about the plot and house, both at a time, by involving your other siblings also, so that no legal issue may arise after the death of your father.

Author : Pushpa

Posted On 13 January 2017 at 11:33

As we are in not in good terms with brothers they will not be ready transfer the house in my name. As they given lots traucher and harassment for me myn sister and father. As advocate said that only 50% share can transfer in myn name and remaining 50% of mother will remain for all 4 siblings. 50% will be done only by will . Is it correct. Is there is any chances of challenging the will by brothers. Can't we transfer entire share in myn name. We done lots of police complaints against brother for harassment but no use even i filed case for domestic violence as it is going on from last march 2016 stil no results

Expert : P. S. DHINGRA: sssfi2016@gmail

Posted On 13 January 2017 at 12:00

You have not mentioned in whose name the property stands registered?

Author : Pushpa

Posted On 13 January 2017 at 12:40

Property is in myn father name and i am unmarried looking after my ill father. Mother is no more. But when mother was alive that time they given one plot as a gift deed which i was suppose to sale n take a flat at other place so i will be away from brothers traucher and harassment but he didn't allow to sale the plot. He given warnings to the party to not to take the plot. So I don't have house to stay after death of father legally.