Please reply

A WRITTEN STATEMENT RUNS INTO 214 PAGES? CAN A COURT REJECT IT ON THE GROUND OF BEING BULKY?

R.K Nanda (Expert)

No, court cannot reject it.

abhimanyu (Querist)

Thanks Respected Nanda Sir. We can reduce the pages by not enclosing copies of documents mentioned in the written statement. Sir, Will Court allow us filing copies of such documents mentioned in the Written Statement at the time of Evidence or at any other stage..

R.K Nanda (Expert)

File documents copies separately with list of documents . file WS separate so that it's pages are now less in number.

R.K Nanda (Expert)

You can file both on the same date.

abhimanyu (Querist)

But Sir, it will be better if enclosures are filed together as they could be referred by the Court easily instead of reading out some document and referring for enclosures another.

R.K Nanda (Expert)

Do as advised by me.

R.K Nanda (Expert)

Don't be confused.

abhimanyu (Querist)

THANKS SIR, I AM GRATEFUL

Written statement of defendant has to (rather must) include all the averments supported by documents for which there is no limit, let it be 2000 pages, if necessary and relevant to prove your version vis-a-vis disproving whatever stated by the plaintiff.

abhimanyu (Querist)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH DR. VASHISTA SIR.

No Court can reject Written Statement on the ground of bulky unless it contains irrelevant material.

Please mark “LIKE” if satisfied by my answer.

abhimanyu (Querist)

Thanks very much, Dutt Sir.

Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Expert)

No court cannot do so, even WS in thousand pages cannot be rejected.

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)

1. It is the courts discretion to direct you file "concise and to the essence" Header-points and brief character of argument /citations, under the provision of CPC or Cr.P.C. (as applicable). Written Arguments /Statements CANNOT be irrelevant and lengthy.

×