Pagdi system rule

i have a shop in delhi on pagdi system. The landlord is not accepting the rent. we submited the case in court and for five years we submitted the rent in court. But he took back the case from court and he started accepting the rent . But after sometime he refused to accept the rent. We also sent him rent through money order but he refused to accept the money order.the area of shop has been taken out of his house and now he is saying that he has sold his house and shop area to someone else.
can the new lanlord force us to leave the shop?
we have the shop from more than 22 years

ajay sethi (Expert)

has he informed you in writing that he has sold the shop area?

the landlord must have purchased the premises with full knowledge of fact that shop has been given on rent .

new landlord cannot arbitrarily remove you from the shop .

Rajeev Kumar (Expert)

Agree with ajay

V R SHROFF (Expert)

Even if he sell property, new owner become your Landlord, and you are his Tenants,
Nobody can evict you. NEW LANDLORD CANNOT REMOVE YOU FROM THE SHOP.
YOU AGAIN PAY RENT IN COURT. FILING SUIT

sankar narayanan (Expert)

I agreed with mr sethi and sheroof. If you know the buyer you explained personaly by your all shop holder. Thy have no right to evict you from the place

vaibhav sabharwal (Querist)

sir i dont have any rent agreement with me. I just have the older rent reciepts given by him. The shop is used as godown and is opened rarely. The landlord might have misguided the new landlord about the shop. And he has not given anything in written to us about selling the shop.

×