Object withdrawal of fd post maturity by first holder

I had given around Rs 4 lakhs from my salary savings to my father and made a joint Fixed Deposit as Either or Survivor operation mode, where my father is the first holder of the account and I am the second account holder. But now I am in urgent need of the money to buy a flat, but my father is denying to give me the money, and declared that he will only withdraw the money after maturity (which is end of this year). Since my father is the first holder of account and is also possessing the FD certificate with him, I cannot proceed to withdraw the deposit after maturity.

Since I earned the money I am the rightful owner. Hence I want to submit an objection letter to the bank manager, asking him to hold withdrawal of the FD after maturity by my father, unless I am also informed. Please suggest how to proceed.

To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at lciconnect@lawyersclubindia.com 

No reply to an anonymous author.

Kumar Doab (Expert)

AQ...................NO reply......

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Expert)

reveal your identity first to get replies

No reply to query from an author who is anonymous.

You can post the query in fresh thread with your identity and material facts.

×