Nominee

sir
My mother expired in 2016
My mother had post office TD depoists and savings account in CITY - A (own home station) . After my father retired from service in 1987 we all moved to father home station City- B ( father house in same district and 20km away from City A and same district ). when nominees approached post office , post master says address on pass book is of city A and address on death certificate is of city B( fathers home station.0 it is known well that ladies after marriage resides along with husband only in any of city where husband stays. post master refused payment to nominee and insisted to prove same person ( mother address on pass book is of city A and death certificate is city B are same person.) Request advice

You shall apply for withdrawal of amount of mother along with the copy of death certificate and residence proof to the Superintendent of Post Offices of the District.

Make a complaint to Supdt of Post Office.

then you have alternative

1. Banking ombudsman
2. Consumer court

×