My husband ran away

Hi,

Myself Ramya Naseeban, from Chennai.

Can I register myself on matrimonial site though I have not got divorced yet as divorce case is running in Family Court Chennai. My husband is absconding as warrant issued against him for nonpament of alimony.

In this case what to do please advice. Thanks in advance.

Shall I mention in my profile as unmarried or waiting for divorce?

You can carry on, as in accordance with the purrent matrimonial dispute,
living relationship is not an offence.

Ramya (Querist)

So what are you suggesting sir. Please be clear.

Ramya (Querist)

You want me to get married now itself? Then what excuse will I give to court?

Ramya (Querist)

Or you want me to not marry and live in relationship start? Where has the world come to? Scoundrels giiving wrong advice.

K.K.Ganguly (Expert)

1. You can register yourself in the matrimonial site.

2. In place of staus you can mention that your divorce application is in the final stage.

You may register in matrimonial site. You have to disclose that the decree will be ordered in a short time. But go for marriage only after getting the decree for divorce.

Ramya (Querist)

But my husband ran away after alimony got ordered. Till he pays balance divorce case wont move an inch, the judge told, so in this case what to do??

The divorce could be decided ex-parte, if the husband continues to remain absent. There is no impediment in registering in the matrimonial site even if the divorce question is yet to be settled.

Why can't you wait till final decree from the Court ? Do not hurry.

Ramya (Querist)

Namaskaram Vashista Advocate sir,

I am in hurry because of following reason:
1. Filed divorce in 2016. This is already 2019. Yet the husband advocate keep filing new evidence by taking date. Today also he filed one further evidence. Till date affidavit has not been filed by the husband advocate.

Judge has told he wont pass exparte divorce as still evidences are being filed by husband.

In meanwhile interim maintenance not paid till date and today he paid 600 rs. and gave evidence.

Like this how many years I have to wait? You tell.

Ramya (Querist)

Now my lawyer has suggested to file missin person complaint in police station as the Warrant issued already for not paying interim alimony, which I did not want to file but the lawyer said to bring pressure on my husband we need to file it. We filed it but the thing is, he paid cost and ran away from his house. as he is absconding as he is not found in his fathers house address.

Shall I go ahead and register in matrimonial website? I just dont want to make fool of myself in court..

sachin sharma (Expert)

You have just one option if u dont want to continue in this marriage and that is live in relationship, though your husband can show this as adultery and cruelty on him as a ground for divorce. But if u dont want the maintenance from your husband, nothing to worry as no court can stop you from live in relationship. Furhter you can register yourself at any matrimonial site but show your correct marital status as if u marry with some other person hiding this and your relationship deteriorate with your second husband, he can file a criminal case against you for hiding your first marriage and re marry with him. Once u start living in a live relationship your husband will have no option but to give u a divorce, however please be aware that in a live relationship the chances r less that the person will marry you in future after enjoying his time with you.

×