My husband ran away

This query is : Resolved 

08 January 2019


Myself Ramya Naseeban, from Chennai.

Can I register myself on matrimonial site though I have not got divorced yet as divorce case is running in Family Court Chennai. My husband is absconding as warrant issued against him for nonpament of alimony.

In this case what to do please advice. Thanks in advance.

Shall I mention in my profile as unmarried or waiting for divorce?

Isaac Gabriel (Expert)
09 January 2019

You can carry on, as in accordance with the purrent matrimonial dispute,
living relationship is not an offence.

Ramya (Querist)
09 January 2019

So what are you suggesting sir. Please be clear.

Ramya (Querist)
09 January 2019

You want me to get married now itself? Then what excuse will I give to court?

Ramya (Querist)
09 January 2019

Or you want me to not marry and live in relationship start? Where has the world come to? Scoundrels giiving wrong advice.

K.K.Ganguly (Expert)
Click to Talk
09 January 2019

1. You can register yourself in the matrimonial site.

2. In place of staus you can mention that your divorce application is in the final stage.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
09 January 2019

You may register in matrimonial site. You have to disclose that the decree will be ordered in a short time. But go for marriage only after getting the decree for divorce.

Ramya (Querist)
09 January 2019

But my husband ran away after alimony got ordered. Till he pays balance divorce case wont move an inch, the judge told, so in this case what to do??

P. Venu (Expert)
09 January 2019

The divorce could be decided ex-parte, if the husband continues to remain absent. There is no impediment in registering in the matrimonial site even if the divorce question is yet to be settled.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
10 January 2019

Why can't you wait till final decree from the Court ? Do not hurry.

Ramya (Querist)
10 January 2019

Namaskaram Vashista Advocate sir,

I am in hurry because of following reason:
1. Filed divorce in 2016. This is already 2019. Yet the husband advocate keep filing new evidence by taking date. Today also he filed one further evidence. Till date affidavit has not been filed by the husband advocate.

Judge has told he wont pass exparte divorce as still evidences are being filed by husband.

In meanwhile interim maintenance not paid till date and today he paid 600 rs. and gave evidence.

Like this how many years I have to wait? You tell.

Ramya (Querist)
13 January 2019


Now my lawyer has suggested to file missin person complaint in police station as the Warrant issued already for not paying interim alimony, which I did not want to file but the lawyer said to bring pressure on my husband we need to file it. We filed it but the thing is, he paid cost and ran away from his house. as he is absconding as he is not found in his fathers house address.

Shall I go ahead and register in matrimonial website? I just dont want to make fool of myself in court..

sachin sharma (Expert)
16 January 2019

You have just one option if u dont want to continue in this marriage and that is live in relationship, though your husband can show this as adultery and cruelty on him as a ground for divorce. But if u dont want the maintenance from your husband, nothing to worry as no court can stop you from live in relationship. Furhter you can register yourself at any matrimonial site but show your correct marital status as if u marry with some other person hiding this and your relationship deteriorate with your second husband, he can file a criminal case against you for hiding your first marriage and re marry with him. Once u start living in a live relationship your husband will have no option but to give u a divorce, however please be aware that in a live relationship the chances r less that the person will marry you in future after enjoying his time with you.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu