Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Home > Experts > Family Law > Interim maintenance order

Please Wait ..

Interim maintenance order (Family Law)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved


Posted On 07 July 2009 at 06:43

In a divorce proceedings filed by husband, wife files application for interim maintenance for her and 2 girl children and the same was allowed. Husband preferred revision before High Court. The lower court order was confirmed and the husband is directed to pay arrears and interest and wife was given liberty to withdraw the same.

Now husband not depositing arrears.

What is the remedy for the wife?


To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Expert : Kiran Kumar

Posted On 07 July 2009 at 07:06

S.125 (3) Cr.P.C

If any person so ordered fails without sufficient cause to comply with the order, any such Magistrate may, for every breach of the order, issue a warrant for levying the amount due in the manner provided for levying fines, and may sentence such perosn, for the whole, or any part of each month's allowance for the maintenance or the interim maintenance and expenses of proceedings, as the case may be remainining unpaid after the execution of the warrant, to imprisonment for a term which may extend to one month or until payment if sooner made;

Provided that no warrant shall be issued for the recorvery of any amount due under this section unless application be made to the Court to levy such amount within a period of one year from the date on which it become due

this is the situation u can read further from the section itself.


Posted On 07 July 2009 at 07:16

What and from where can the wife can get for her livelihood after sending husband to prison?

Expert : Mrs. Jayashree Hariharan

Posted On 07 July 2009 at 10:02

Click to Talk

file an application for arrest warrant in lieu of the arrears.


Posted On 07 July 2009 at 13:45

Dear Aravinthan,
Whether the interim maintenance application was moved under s.125 CrPC or 24 HMAct?


Posted On 08 July 2009 at 06:16

It is an Interlocutory application in divorce proceedings.

Expert : Member (Account Deleted)

Posted On 08 July 2009 at 12:20

I differ slightly with Mr. Kiran Kumar, as the application has not been filed under Section 125 of Cr.P.C.
Now, the remedies are:

(1) Can file contempt petition in High Court and the High Court would pressurise for payment.

(2) In addition to above, file an application in divorce proceedings for payment and seeking the court a direction that in the event of non-payment, the divorce petition filed by the husband be dismissed.

(3) In addition to above two, file execution petition.

Wish you best of luck.



You need to be the querist or approved Lawyersclubindia expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Queries :

Quick Links

Browse By Category

Subscribe to Experts Feed
Enter your email to receive Experts Updates:

web analytics