Home > Experts > Criminal Law > Illegal money lending complaint

Illegal money lending complaint (Criminal Law)

Author : gaurav

Posted On 30 August 2011 at 20:22

sir, cann you plz tel me the authorities to which complaint againt illegal money lending can be lodged. its very urgent and plz guide me under which section complaint is lodged under punjab money lending act?wthr complaint can be made to c.b.i or lokaayukt or public grievance commision?

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 30 August 2011 at 23:22

It can be made to Lokaayukat.

Expert : Advocate Rajkumarlaxman

Posted On 31 August 2011 at 08:53

LOKAYUKTHA, AUthorities under Moner Laundering Act

Expert : Advocate. Arunagiri

Posted On 31 August 2011 at 09:00

Every state will be having Money lenders Act.

For example in Tamil Nadu, The TN Prohibition of Charging Exorbitant Interest Ordinance 2003.

You can complaint under this act to the local police or special officer appointed.

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 31 August 2011 at 09:12

Arunagir! querist has given options and I had to chose best and appropriate among those.

Expert : prabhakar singh

Posted On 31 August 2011 at 14:56

There are two act and rules from which guidance can be had.

The Punjab Registration of Money-Lender’s Act, 1938,the Collector is the licensing as well as cancelling authority u/Ss 5&6of this Act.rules framed under it is THE PUNJAB REGISTRATION OF MONEY-LENDERS RULES, 1939.
As provided in s 3 effect of non registration simply disables the lenders to realize the debt by process of court but the Act does not make non registration penal as an offence.

BUT OF LATE A LEGISLATION PASSED AND CALLED

THE PUNJAB PROHIBITION OF PRIVATE MONEY LENDING ACT 2007
(ACT VI OF 2007) IS IN FORCE.

SECTION 3 OF THIS ACT LAYS"3. Prohibition of Private Money Lending.- No person, individually or collectively, shall engage himself in private money lending in the Province of the Punjab"
AND SECTION 4 MAKES IT PUNISHABLE AS IT READS"4. Punishment.- Any person who contravenes section 3 of this Act shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to ten years or with fine which may extend to five hundred thousand rupees or with both."

THIS OFFENCE IS NON BAILABLE UNDER SECTION 5 AND COGNIZABLE U/S 6.

HENCE A FIR CAN BE LODGED BEFORE POLICE WHICH IS THE PLACE TO REPORT ANY OFFENCE.

Expert : Thangapandian

Posted On 01 September 2011 at 05:39

Mr.arunagiri not wrong.. The author wants to know that under which act? The true fact is since it is a special act, every state having their own act for this offence.

Expert : ADVOCATE DEFENSE.

Posted On 01 September 2011 at 14:40

Under this Punjab act and all similar acts in other states there are desinated officers who can only lodge complaint / FIR , so you have to complain to them with evidence.

Mostly co op officers are desinated in most of the states.

Expert : girish shringi

Posted On 01 September 2011 at 21:00

I do agree with the experts.