Historical documents

Hello ,

I want to file a writ petition in Mumbai High Court for asking back historical documents taken by a researcher in the fifties and not returned to my family . The historical documents are written in arabic and modi and are kept in a reputed university. However the researcher has expired and i dont have written proof about it but i Have a declaration that he took the documents from our family . Under which section can I file the writ petition.?

Pls help

Raja

You are stating about what had happened in 1950 and now it is 2019 and almost 70 years and the incident it self had become an history

Try to find out the Legal Heirs of the concerned person and send a pleading letter to return the same.

Basing on the reply or no reply discuss with a local good Senior Advocate and legally proceed for recovery of the documents

You have also not described what the documents were and what loss you are facing without them.

How would you (through your lawyer) justify qua the documents taken and retained by the researcher?

Mr.Sudhir Kumar ------ Author Mr..Michael Crichton said ---" If you do not know history, you dont know any thing,you dont know it is part of a tree " .

Have you pursued the matter with the University and, if so, what is their stand. Is it not in public interest that such documents are in the custody of a University than in a private residence?

×