Home > Experts > Labour & Service Law > Govt employee seeking regular higher study

Govt employee seeking regular higher study (Labour & Service Law)

Author : gopal

Posted On 11 April 2012 at 19:29

SIR, I AM WORKING AS A JUNIOR CLERK UNDER GANJAM DISTRICT JURISDICTION IN THE STATE OF ORISSA SINCE ONE AND HALF YEAR. I AM KEENLY INTERESTED TO PURSUE BACHELOR IN LAW( A FULL TIME THREE YEAR COURSE)IN ORISSA.I AM ALSO READY TO TAKE LEAVE FOR THREE YEARS UNDER NO WORK NO PAY MODE. IS THERE ANY LEGAL PROVISION TO DO IT? (PLEASE MENTION DETAILS). PLEASE HELP ME, HOW CAN I PURSUE IT? I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED BY DIFFERENT SUGGESTIONS FROM SEVERAL PERSONS AND ADVOCATES.

PLEASE GUIDE ME , HOW CAN I COMPLETE THREE YEAR FULL TIME COURSE WITH OUT RESIGNING FROM MY JOB AND ALSO ANY NEGATIVE EFFECT TO JOB SECURITY.

Expert : PS Dhingra, dcgroup1962@gmail.

Posted On 11 April 2012 at 20:05

You need to refer Leave Rules for the Government employees of the Orissa Government.

Expert : Sudhir Kumar

Posted On 11 April 2012 at 20:15

You may actually not need a leave for three years. Discount the vacation period.

Please see if there is any university of your area which offers evening law classes.

As far as legal provisions of taking leave without pay then it is the discretion of leave sanctioning authority. That way you can complete study without resigning job, if the higher authorities are cooperative.

Negative effect n the job will be only to the extent that you will not be earning pension for the period spent without leave.

Expert : ajay sethi

Posted On 11 April 2012 at 21:43

why you want to take leave ? find out whether there are any evening classes in law in your area . you already have a govt job , do law by taking evening classes

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 11 April 2012 at 21:48

You should follow the advice of Sudhir relevant in your case.

Expert : Deepak Nair

Posted On 12 April 2012 at 09:35

In Mumbai, the lectures of LLB are held either in the morning or in the evening.
This help us in such corcumstances. There were many working people as my class mates which included people from police, doctors, judicial clerks, private employees etc.
So, find out the timings of colleges offering LLB in your locality and go ahead.

No need to take a leave.

Expert : prabhakar singh

Posted On 13 April 2012 at 22:48

Agree with mr. Sudhir Kumar