Family pension in electricity department chandigarh

Is divorced daughter eligible for family pension in Electricity Department (U.T.) Chandigarh?

My father who retired as Lineman from Electricity Department (U.T.) Chandigarh in July 2005 unfortunately expired on 11.03.2018. He was survived and being looked after by divorced daughter, as deceased wife pre-deceased him 2-1/2 years back. Divorced daughter has no other source of income to sustain her livelihood. Please advise in the matter.

Yes. Divorced/widowed/unmarried daughters are eligible for pension after the death of the pensioner. You have to apply in the proforma prescribed with necessary certificates such as death certificate of the pensioner, court decree/proof for divorce, legal heir certificate etc,.

Arvind (Querist)

But i have already apply with all these documents but they have reply me with this "there is no such provision exists in Pb.CSR as applicable to the U.T. employee for grant of family pension to divorcee daughter of the deceased Govt. employee"

Is the divorced daughter earning

Arvind (Querist)

No.
She has no other source of income.

×