Family certificate

My mother owned a property in Kerala which others had occupied and we were settled in Orissa I came 22 years ago to Kerala and my mother died in Orissa few years ago. Now those who had occupied the property have come forward voluntarily to rectify and pay the money for the property. The register office in that area has asked for Family Certificate. And when I looked online I found that we need to produce the ration card. The ration card was in Orissa but it was lost many years ago. We did not go after it at that time. Mummy did not have in her name any passbook or anything else. As the property was occupied it was considered lost and no will was made. What should I do now,

Antony

Get copy of the document and contact from registration department and contact the revenue authorities ie tahsildar for further action.

Suresh Pillai (Expert)

It is better to go for Succession Certificate

Suresh Pillai (Expert)

Suresh Pillai (Expert)

The facts stated are insufficient to highlight the problem. It is unlikely that the Registrar Office would have asked any such certificate. What is the source of your information? How is the property recorded in the revenue/municipal/panchayat records?

Anyhow, you may engage a document writer for assistance.

Ji, as your mother died all her legal heirs have equal rights over the property of your mother. so the Registrar asked about certificate. So obtain succession certificate and then execute the sale deed.

How do you claim the property is owned by your deceased mother, is to be established through succession certificate from local SDM/Authorities.
It would be better to consult a local prudent lawyer if there is some dispute/ query/ question for analyses, guidance and proceeding.

×