Divorce for null and void marriage

This query is : Resolved 

02 August 2013

I have also filed case for null and void of marriage and hearing has been started. Can crimne against women cell can still register case under 498? Please help me which IPC section can i refer for my favor in crimne against women cell for preventing the case registration under 498.

V R SHROFF (Expert)
02 August 2013

Identify yourself,

u can't prevent ur wife lodging 498. She is free to do it.
Before decree/ Judgement, her status remains that of ur wife.

She can claim relief under DV , even if she is not ur wife.

Unless court declares the marriage null & void, she remains your wife and can use her rights provided under law. Better defend your case effectively rather than using your presumptions untill legal remedy is actually made available to you by an order of the court.

prabhakar singh (Expert)
03 August 2013

Even pseudonyme shall do.

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert)
03 August 2013

Anonymous Query.

raj kumar makkad (Expert)
04 August 2013

I don't reply against an anonymous query as per unanimous decision of all experts. some experts might have forgot it.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu