Daughters rights in their fathers property (ancestral) when father is alive

Dear Sir/Madam

Mr. Ram was the owner of the property and after his death the property devolved among his four sons Ajay, Vijay, Ravi, Rajesh.

All four sons sold the (ancestral property) property through Development Agreement. According D.A. each son posses 2 Flats on the land in the constructed building, and Rs.16 lacs each.

Mr. Ajay distributed his share (ancestral property) means 2 flats and Rs.16 lacs between him and his two sons and Mr. Ajay is alive.

When Mr. Ajay's daughters came to know about the said distribution, the daughters are demanding their rights in their fathers share (ancestral property) .

My question is when Mr.Ajay is alive can the daughters of Mr.Ajay ask for their share in the Ancestral Property.

Deepak Nair (Expert)

Yes. The daughters have their right and claim on the ancestral property. Father cannot take away their rights on ancestral property.

If the property was self earned, the he could have given it to anyone as he like.

Sadhana Patil (Querist)

thank u very much for replying me!!

R.K Nanda (Expert)

nothing to add.

Nothing more to add.

Deepak Nair (Expert)

Thanks for the affirmative replies by learned experts. Hope the querist is satisfied now.

Nadeem Qureshi (Expert)

Nothing left to add, agree with Mr. Deepak

raj kumar makkad (Expert)

Well advised by expert.

nothing more to add

×