Daughter's right in father's prpperty

I am NRI staying in a gulf country..My father has property in India which is got as gift from his father i.e. my Grand father....Can he give this property entirely to his Son by making will?

ARVIND JAIN (Expert)

HE CAN MAKE A WILL IN FAVOUR OF ANY BODY AS THE PROPERTY IS SELF ACQUIRED.

Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert)

Madam. As he acquired the property by way of a gift deed ( might have been a registered one as per the law of the land) he has absolute rights over the same and he can give the same to whomsoever he likes during his life time.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA (Expert)

Both of my friends are absolutely right.

sankar narayanan (Expert)

yes he has full right to make will as he like. but it is subject to the gift deed and with registred asper law.

Jithendra.H.J (Expert)

1) if your grand father has gifted his self acquired property, the gift is valid and your father is absolute owner and it becomes his self acquire property.

2) if your grand father has gifted the ancestarl property, a Hindu cannot gift the ancestral property. if you are a Hindu, you can challenge the validity of the gift

G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert)

Every one have right to dispossesses his self acquired property. Therefore your father have absolute right to make the same

smilingadvocate (Expert)

Yes your father has absolute right to dispose the property as he like as the property once it has come into the hands of your father may be by way of gift or by way partition it acquire the status of self acquired property. as such he has absolute right to dispose the property as he like.

Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert)

He can even give full property to strangers. You can claim only after his death.

ritu bhadana (Expert)

yes as it is his self aquired property he can very much make a will in favour of his son or even a stranger

B.B.R.Goud. (Expert)

yes, i agree with Mr Jitendra.

1) If your grand father has gifted his self acquired property, the gift is valid and your father is absolute owner and it becomes his self acquire property.

2) If your grand father has gifted the ancestarl property, a Hindu cannot gift the ancestral property. if you are a Hindu, you can challenge the validity of the gift.

3) In either case you can get the right as a grand daughter, which gives the strength to you and restricts others to alienate the property by any means.

you need to consult the suitable advocate at your place.

×