Consumer court

06 December 2017

If I am approaching a consumer court for refund of Rs. 15 lacs against an unconstructed builder propertywhich is pending for almost 4 years, do I also need to add the value of interest @ 18% alongwith the refund amount in order to calculate the court fees? Since I am not sure as to what final interest rate the court will decide, cant I just write a statement in my prayer for the interest of 18% and include only the value of refund (15 lacs) plus compensation for harassment (2 lacs) = 17 lacs and file the case with the district forum. In this case, is it possible that the court will negate the interest element completely while awarding the case in my favour? . Pls advice.

Kishor Mehta (Expert)
07 December 2017

It will be advisable to calculate the Consumer court fee on the total amount of your demand including interest.

11 December 2017

Pay court fees for Rs. 20 lakh (rounded off).

×