Caste of a an OBC woman after marrying a General Man

Dear Sir/Ma'am
I belong to OBC (NCL) and my husband belongs to General Caste. My application for OBC (NCL) is rejected as the government officials said that only my husband's income will be considered in such a case. When I told them about Dopt mamorandum's point no. 8 uploaded on NCBC website stating that only parents' income will be considered, then they had another objection that even my caste has been changed after marriage. Sir, I seriously need this certificate. How can I prove that a person's caste does not change after marriage? Most of them are senior citizens and it is very difficult to make them listen to me. Kindly guide what should I do? By which document can I prove that a person's caste is determined by her birth? please help asap.

You can not avail benefit of reservation after marriage with a "general category" person.

Supreme Court Bench of Honorable Justice Arun Mishra and M.M.Shantangoudar had pronounced on Jan---20--2018 that " A Person's Caste is unilateral and can't be changed after marriage for any reason.Caste decided by birth, can't be Changed by marriage "

Write to the concerned Authorities in detail down loading this Supreme Court Judgement . Let your letter be drafted with the help of an local good Advocate.

Regret for being repeated please

Depending on the situation and circumstances you could also serve a Legal Notice regarding the same

More over in Ramesh Dabhai Naika VS State of Gujarat case Supreme Court Bench of Honorable Justice Aftab Alam and Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai on 18th Jan--2012 it is observed that " DID NOT SAY that a child born to a couple who married transgressing the barriers of caste would take the community/caste of his/her father and not that of his/her mother.

On the Contrary the Supreme Court had categorically pointed out that answer to this question would depend up on the circumstances in which the child was brought up and that the same was primarily one of the facts.

In 2009 the Madras High Court Justice Arumugaperumal Adityan had ruled that " A child born out of inter caste marriage was Free to Choose his/her Caste from either of parents "

You should mention all these Citations in your Letter to Justify your Pleadings.

When the Children of Inter Caste Married Parents it self has the choice of choosing their caste from that of their parents the wife whose marriage is inter caste marriage should not be/ can not be treated as she had converted her caste.

May be your caste has not changed. But for deciding OBC status, the income relevant for a married woman should be that of the husband, not the parents.

K.K.Ganguly (Expert)

1. Caste is determined based on the caste of father and not on the caste of husband.

2. So, she will get the privilege of being an OBC by birth.

Well Advised by Advocate Mr.K.K. Ganguly

×