Home > Experts > Family Law > Appeal(writ petition) in High court of Mumbai

Appeal(writ petition) in High court of Mumbai (Family Law)

Author : Ria

Posted On 10 November 2009 at 11:01

Respected Experts,

I have filed an appeal (Writ Petition) against setting aside of exparte decree in a Marriage Petition in the High Court of Mumbai. The Petition is at the stage of Pre-admission.

Now the problem is that intially I was given a date of 3rd Nov 2009 and the corram was as per the sitting list. When I went to the court on 3rd I got to know that the sitting list has changed and therefore the date for admission of Petition was postponed to a later date.
Now the date for admission of the Petition and the date of hearing in the lower court is clashing as they are the same.

Please guide as to how can I get the date of hearing in the High Court preponed or postponed, as Iam not aware as to before which judge the matter will come up. As the corram is being shown - as per sitting list.
I fear that if this continues like this my matter will never come up for admission.

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 10 November 2009 at 21:27

An application seeking preponement can be moved either of the courts.

Expert : Member (Account Deleted)

Posted On 18 November 2009 at 20:43

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE
MOBILE.09325226691, 09271971251,
e.mail.adv.nbsawant@yahoo.co.in
e.mail.nandkumarbs@sify.com
REGARDING THE HIGH COURT AND ANOTHER COURT MATTER SAME DATE KINDLY NOTE THAT.
1.I WISH YOU BEST OF LUCK AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU. BE CONFIDENT AND BE A SUCCESSFUL LAWYER.
2.ABOUT THE HIGH COURT OF BOMBAY MATTER KINDLY NOTE THAT ALWAYS GIVE PRIORITY TO THE SUPERIOR COURT MEANS HIGH COURT AND ATTEND THE SAME ON GIVEN DATE AS IT IS FOR ADMISSION AND FOR ORDER.ONCE YOU GET YOUR ORDER FROM THE HIGH COURT AUTOMATICALLY THE LOWER COURT MATTER WILL BE STAYED.
3.IN CASE YOU WANT TO PLAY SAFE SUBMIT COPIES OF HIGH COURT MATTER IN THE LOWER COURT AND PRAY FOR ADJOURNMENT.YOU WILL SUCCEED.
IN CASE YOU NEED ANY FURTHER HELP YOU MAY WRITE OR CALL.
WITH BEST REGARDS TO YOU YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
THANKING YOU
YOURS SINCERELY