Home > Experts > Property Law > Ancestor property

Ancestor property (Property Law)

Author : muniswaran

Posted On 20 March 2017 at 01:35

My Grandfather have 6 sons and 3 daughters. He is passed away in 2012. My father is 2nd son and he also passed away in 2007 before my grandpa. For my father two children- myself and my sister. My mother is alive. All the original documents of my grandfather's property is now been in custody with 4th son. He is not giving responsible answers when documents are asked to bring for partition. What is the procedure to get the same and also other 4 sons, 3 daughters are ready for partition, but 1 culprit 4th son is playing games and dragging for some unknown purpose. How to solve this issue quickly.. Please help !!

To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at lciconnect@lawyersclubindia.com 

Expert : Advocate Bhartesh goyal

Posted On 20 March 2017 at 09:19

Issue legal notice and demand partition of questioned property, if notice isn't compiled with then file civil suit for partition of questioned property in civil court.

Expert : rajeev sharma

Posted On 20 March 2017 at 11:57

well advised by Adv. Goyal

Expert : krishna mohan

Posted On 20 March 2017 at 15:37

Well advised by Adv. Goyal. Is all property are under his custody/enjoyment?

Expert : Kumar Doab

Posted On 20 March 2017 at 20:31

It is believed that you are Hindu.
Confirm!

Expert : Kumar Doab

Posted On 20 March 2017 at 20:34

Agreeing with Mr.Bhartesh goyal.

Also: Visit authority under whose jurisdiction property falls and obtain old mutation records with link documents.

Submit death certificate, legal heir certificate of deceased grandfather and his son to the authority and obtain latest mutation records with record of inheritance.

Expert : Dr J C Vashista

Posted On 21 March 2017 at 06:58

You interested in title documents or property?

If property is your interest, file a suit for declaration, permanent injunction and partition through a local prudent lawyer, I agree with expert advise of Mr. Bhartesh Goyal. Otherwise, mandatory injunction suit may be filed.

Expert : Ms.Usha Kapoor

Posted On 21 March 2017 at 07:36

Agree with Bhartesh Goyal.

Expert : Adv. Yogen Kakade

Posted On 21 March 2017 at 11:00

If you are looking for property documents and uncle no.4 is not providing, then you may apply to the department of revenue records and get those certified copy very easily. And if the uncle is not getting ready for partition, then you will have to file a partition suit.

Expert : Rajendra K Goyal

Posted On 21 March 2017 at 16:14

Agree with the expert Adv. Yogen Kakade.