Home > Experts > Civil Law > Affidavit for change of name and the draft for the same alongwith full procedure

Affidavit for change of name and the draft for the same alongwith full procedure (Civil Law)

Posted On 10 December 2011 at 13:15

DEAR MEMBERS,

PLEASE HELP ME IN UNDERSTANDING THE PROCEDURE WITH REGARDS TO MY NAME CHANGE AND THE LANGUAGE/DRAFT OF THE AFORESAID AFFIDAVIT WITH REGARDS TO THE NAME CHANGE AND ALSO PLEASE EXPLAIN IN DETAIL ALL THE FORMALITIES REQUIRED TO FULFIL THIS REQUIREMENT, AS IT IS REALLY VERY URGENT FOR ME. THANKS AND REGARDS.

Expert : mahendrakumar

Posted On 10 December 2011 at 13:31

various states follow,different procedures for name change.

However,in most of the name change is permitted through official gazette publication.

as such contact the public information officer concerned of your state .

Posted On 10 December 2011 at 15:50

Thanx sir, but i live in delhi and i heard that i hv to give a advt. In newspaper first and then my name change will be considered valid.

Posted On 10 December 2011 at 15:52

Further what should be the langauage of affidavit mention. Is there a way to check the draft of such an affidavit. Pls help me with regards to the same asap.

Expert : Devajyoti Barman

Posted On 10 December 2011 at 17:23

Since at the time of making the affidavit you need an advocate, you better engage right now who would guide you to do the whole process in Delhi.

Posted On 10 December 2011 at 22:47

SIR, I HAVE HEARD, MANY A GOOF UPS CREATED BY IMPROPER DRAFTING OF THE AFFIDAVIT'S IN DIFFERENT COURTS. IS THERE A BOOK OR ANY SITE WHERE I CAN VISIT AND FIND OUT WHAT RE THE INGREDIENTS THAT NEED TO BE INCORPORATED FOR SUCH AN AFFIDAVIT OF NAME CHANGE. KINDLY SUGGEST. THANKS AND REGARDS.

Expert : Devajyoti Barman

Posted On 11 December 2011 at 00:46

Engage an advocate, he would certainly help you.

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 11 December 2011 at 01:10

yes, agreed.