Crimes against modesty of a woman

Centuries have come, and centuries have gone, but the plight of women is not likely to change. Time has helplessly watched women suffering in the form

Full Article

What is anticipatory bail and anticipatory bail in 498-A

WHAT IS ANTICIPATORY BAIL BAIL The word Bail is not defined in Code of criminal procedure but it has to be understood as a concept.  In a g

Full Article

Privacy of victims in rape case

We all are aware of the modifications in the Criminal Law System after the Nirbhaya Case. There are various protections given to victims of sexual ass

Full Article

More Articles

Experts Exchange

False fir of rape on pretext of marriage

Posted by Apoorva Dwivedi

My girlfriend (live-in partner) has filed an FIR under section 376 (rape) and section 420 (cheating). She has alleged that I have raped her for 2 months after false promise of marriage. Medical report has confirmed no sign of injury, no evidence of sex and no pregnancy. I am a government employee. I have been suspended from job on ground of moral turpitude.
1. How to proceed in this case?
2. Can I file a counter FIR? If yes, then under what sections?
3. Which one is recommended - civil defamation or criminal defamation in this case?
4. When can I file a defamation case against her?
5. She has forged her signature on rent agreement. Can I use it as a document to book her under section 468, 469 of IPC?
6. When and how can I get my suspension revoked?
7. What kind of effect will it have on my job,subsequent promotions and while filling of other government exam applications?

Read Expert Opinion

More Experts Queries

Updated on : 11/12/2018 14:52:07


  LAWyersclubindia Menu